Original Medicare Part B

Original Medicare consists of Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B. Medicare Part B helps pay for such important and common health care expenses as doctor visits, lab work, diagnostic tests, and even durable medical equipment and home health visits. In contrast, Part A focuses mainly on inpatient coverage, such as a hospital or hospice stay. These two parts of Original Medicare work together to cover a broad array of medical needs.

Still, like Part A, Medicare Part B coverage can leave you with large, uncovered expenses. Coinsurance, deductibles, and copays generate many of these bills. Also, Original Medicare doesn’t pay for some health care services. Learn how Medicare Part coverage works, so you will understand how we can help you reduce and control your out-of-pocket costs.

What Medicare Part B Doesn’t Cover

Medicare Part B eligibility may depend on your age and health. Most people qualify at age 65. However, some beneficiaries are younger and suffer from a qualified disability or end-stage renal disease.

This list highlights some out-of-pocket Medicare Part B expenses:

Unlike Part A, most people have to pay a monthly premium for Medicare Part B coverage. They generally have this premium deducted from Social Security payments.

Every year, you will have a Part B deductible to satisfy. After that, Medicare Part B plans generally pay 80%, leaving you to pay 20%.

Part B only covers foreign health care or prescriptions under very limited circumstances.

Medicare Part B only covers a share of the Medicare-approved amount, no matter what the provider charges.

If you only have Original Medicare, you may have a tough time predicting future medical costs. Even 20% of the bill for visits to specialists or some outpatient procedures can add up to hundreds or thousands of dollars. That’s why most Medicare beneficiaries enhance Original Medicare with other Medicare insurance options.

Why Let Us Help You Purchase Medicare Supplement Insurance?

SSI offers Medicare insurance that can help you reduce or even eliminate concerns over out-of-pocket expenses. These kinds of Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B plans will pay many of your out-of-pocket expenses. Some plans even cover urgent medical care in other countries or charges from providers that bill for more than Medicare allows. Such plans as Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Part B can take the worry out of budgeting for health care needs.

Many of our experienced Illinois insurance brokers have worked with Medicare beneficiaries for more than a decade and are well-versed in helping seniors enhance their Original Medicare benefits. As independent agents, we’re motivated to show you high-quality insurance options — including BCBS Medicare Part B coverage. We can also find the right prescription plan for you, based on your current and anticipated medication needs.