All of our plans have a network of:
Whether you’re new to Medicare or making a change, here are some things to consider before choosing your plan.
- Be sure you are eligible for Medicare.
- If you’d like to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, make sure you’re aware of enrollment periods. Members may enroll in the plan only during specific times of the year.
- Each plan design offers different benefit levels.
Why Choose Medicare Senior Advantage Plans Over Original Medicare?
Top choices, like a Blue Cross Medicare Advantage plan, will provide benefits in a way that may help you control costs. For instance, instead of paying an annual deductible and coinsurance for a doctor’s visit, you may just pay a modest copay for each visit. When you enroll in a BCBS Medicare Advantage plan, you will also get some valuable perks that Original Medicare doesn’t provide. Examples include help with the costs of some dental and hearing services or a health club membership.
You can also choose between different kinds of Blue Cross Medicare Advantage plans. For instance, these are two popular types of Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Advantage plans in Illinois:
- BCBS Medicare Advantage PPO: A Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare PPO gives you the most coverage if you visit network health care providers. However, you also have the option to seek care outside the network if you don’t mind paying somewhat more.
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO: A Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare HMO has stricter network rules. You will need to seek covered services inside the network unless you have a medical emergency. In turn, you will generally enjoy lower out-of-pocket costs.
Refer to the below chart for an easy comparison to give you a better idea.
Reach Out Today
We’ve helped seniors in Illinois maximize Medicare benefits for over 20 years. As independent agents, we serve our clients and not a particular insurance company. At the same time, our consultation will never cost you any extra money over working directly with an insurance company.
Request a quote online, call or email us today, so we can help you maximize your Medicare benefits. Our friendly agents are waiting to answer your questions about Medicare Advantage plans.