Health Insurance Overview
Individual health plans have choices for you and your family1, such as your spouse or children under the age of 26.
With a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois health plan you have:
- Choice of in-network doctors and hospitals
- Preventive care services, like an annual exam, shots, and screenings
- Prescription drug coverage with mail-order programs
- Mental health and substance abuse disorder benefits and services
- Health and wellness programs
Remember, you may also qualify for Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) or other assistance based on your income. These health care coverage options are provided by the government. There’s no SEP, so you can apply at any time. You may also qualify for financial help.
Note: Members of American Indian and Alaska Native tribes can apply for health care coverage any month of the year.