Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F
High Deductible Plan F has the same benefits as Plan F after you pay an annual $2,200 deductible. The deductible amount represents the annual out-of-pocket expenses (excluding premiums) that you must pay before the policy begins paying benefits.
Out-of-pocket expenses for this deductible are expenses that would ordinarily be paid by the policy, which includes the Medicare deductibles for Part A and Part B, but not the separate foreign travel emergency deductible.
By having a high deductible, your premiums are significantly lower than Standard Plan F.
Costs you can expect to pay with High Deductible Plan F that count towards the $2,200 deductible:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
High Deductible Plan F covers:
- Your Part A deductible and coinsurance
- Your Part B coinsurance and the cost of the first three pints of blood
- Benefits from High Deductible Plan F will not begin until your out-of-pocket expenses total $2,200 Out-of-pocket expenses for this deductible are expenses that would ordinarily be paid by the policy.
- Out-of-pocket expenses for this deductible are expenses that would ordinarily be paid by the policy, which includes the Medicare deductibles for Part A and Part B, but not the separate foreign travel emergency deductible.
- The Medicare deductibles for Part A and B.
- Medicare Part A hospital deductible and copayments
- Skilled nursing facility copayment
- $183 Part B Medicare deductible
- Part B doctor charges that are in excess of Medicare-approved amounts
- The cost of 365 extra days of hospital care during your lifetime after Medicare coverage
- These expenses do NOT include Plan F’s separate $250 foreign travel emergency deductible.
|Basic Benefit Options||Premier Plan Options||Budget-Conscious Plan Options|
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan C||Plan F||Plan G||High Deductible
|Plan K*||Plan L*||Plan N*|
|Reduced Premium Medicare Select Option Available (eligibility based on ZIP code)|
|Skilled Nursing Coinsurance||100%||100%||100%||100%||50%||75%||100%|
|Part A Deductible||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||50%||75%||100%|
|Part B Deductible||100%||100%||100%|
|Part B Excess||100%||100%||100%|
|Foreign Travel Emergency Care|
|Annual Out of Pocket Limit**||$5,120||$2,560|
*Plans K-N provide for different cost-sharing than plans A-G.
Plans K and L pay 100% of hospitalization and preventive care Basic Benefits. All other Basic Benefits are paid at 50% (Plan K) and 75% (Plan L). Once you reach the annual limit, the plan pays 100% of the Medicare copayments, coinsurance and deductibles for the rest of the calendar year. The out-of-pocket annual limit does NOT include charges from your provider that exceed Medicare-approved amounts, called “excess charges.” You are responsible for paying excess charges.
Plan N covers Basic Benefits after a $20 copay for office visits and a $50 copay for emergency room visits.
**The out-of-pocket annual limit may increase each year for inflation. (2017 limits shown)
† Network restrictions apply